Tuesday 11 October 2011

Wool Week is here

We've been very quiet in the run up to Shetland Wool Week, but now that it's here we're hoping to get lots of posts in.

Last night there was a felting class here at Jamieson & Smith with Norwegian artist Karin Flatoy Svarstad.








Place the Shetland Combed Tops ever so carefully, then add some spelsau for the sea, then destroy it all with water and roll roll roll until VOILA, a beautiful 'wool watercolour', as Karin calls it.


And here's my (rather flustered) attempt - with the dark Shetland winter in mind. 

x

PS. Have you seen Sheep Heid. It's possibly the most brilliant piece of genius I've seen in a little while. Kate triumphs again!

2 comments:

  1. Will you offer a kit for Sheep Heid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely felting, but that Sheep Heid is really gorgeous. I don't even like hats, but this one I have to have.
    I saw a lot of people asking for a kit on Needled, will there be one??

    ReplyDelete